Honor thy brother & sister....
Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good. Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other. -- Romans 12:9-10
One of the most powerful ways to be faithful to GOD is to be faithful to one another!!!
This verse really touched me. I believe my faith is tested when I decide to love others whole heartedly... even when those persons don't act like they want or deserve my love.
After all, don't we sometimes act like we don't want or need our Heavenly Father's love? And still he delights in each of us - WOW!!!!
I really want to learn loving for the blessing of loving and not for receiving love in return. It just sounds SO good... "take delight in honoring each other..."!!! It sounds liberating, doesn't it?
I have held on to uglyness, for far too long!!! This is going to be a daily verse for me.
"We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love our brothers. Anyone who does not love remains in death." -- 1 John 3:14 (NIV)


2 Comments:
I find this post very encouraging & motivating especially in the "daily-ness" of life. You are right it is liberating - it's a change of perspective.
Thank you for sharing this. I will meditate on this as well!
Thanks for reading my posts, you two!
You're right about "daily-ness"... I hadn't thought of it that way.
Most days it's just hard to find the time.
Even in marriage... We try to make a coffee date once a week. Even if it means "I make the coffee and we sit at our table to drink"
Sometimes it is not convenient or easy to keep this date... other things are more pressing. That's when we pack up and go to Starbucks - Because "it ain't about the coffee...!" ;o)
Post a Comment
<< Home