I signed up for this (free) Newsletter:
The StepHero™ Community Newsletter
http://www.blended-families.com/
I called Chris to tell him about some stuff from the day... but I couldn't get in touch with him... THANK GOD!
When I got home, I opened my e-mail newsletter... and here is a peice of today's topic:
The Grateful Heart
"One of the worst "diseases of attitude" is complaining. When you complain, you are not only focusing on what is wrong, you are also making sure everyone else around you is focusing on what is wrong too. Unfortunately, by complaining, you are only adding to the problem.By shifting your focus to what is "right" and good - in every situation -- you will soon discover that all events are essentially neutral and it is your attitude that determines whether or not something negative has transpired."
Needless to say, this spoke straight to my heart!!! Whenever this happens, it reminds me how much I am loved by our Heavenly Father!
Just after I read it, the phone rang... it was Chris! I started to share my stories... then I realized some of the things I wanted to say were irrelavant and just JUNK; which makes NO DIFFERENCE to our day or life. So instead of continuing the "junk" I stopped myself and told Chris about the newsletter... this way he can encourage me in my goal to STOP complaining! Yipee!!!!
those whose hearts are fully committed to him."
2 Chronicles 16:9



2 Comments:
This is a lesson that I struggle with too. How awesome that God gave you the encouragement just when you needed it.
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.
Miss seeing your smiling face at church. Hope you had a wonderful holiday with your family.
We will have to get together, I would love to hear all about your trip.
Post a Comment
<< Home